My name is Torera and I love teaching women like you who want to create their own self care products from the comfort of their home without paying premium price- and without the nasty ingredients.
I know DIY information on the internet is pretty overwhelming, especially for women of colour.
I am happy to let you know that the feeling of overwhelm ends here. With my easy to follow, step by step methods, you’ll know how to replicate these things from the comfort of your home.
I want every trip to this site to help you calm the overwhelm. That’s why I make them in video format as well. Here’s a video I love.
I have been a maker and DIYer for as long as I can remember. I found an old J-17 magazine in secondary school with a DIY sequin belt tutorial and I never looked back. From that day, I tore and cut and created with everything I found in sight.
Although I never got to use my DIY skills as a career, I became a journalist instead, writing feature style articles for sites like The Nation Newspaper, Genevieve Magazine and later CNN.com
But DIY? That remains my after-work obsession!
And this blog is the outlet for this part of my life. Besides DIY, I also share bits and bobs of my life and lessons I learn along the way.
If you want to know more about me, here are five things that might fascinate you
- I got married two years ago to Rotimi who I consider the absolute love of my life. We had a beautiful beach wedding in Dubai after four hard years of long distance and I moved from Nigeria to London to start a family with him. I consider this the bravest thing I ever had to do
- One day I want to run scholarships from creative women in Nigeria
- I know all the words of Titanic and Sound of Music (covers face)
- I believe in Jesus and I really love being a Christian
- On a lazy day, I love a really immersive Netflix show
Wow! You’re still here? Okay, let me offer you my free ebook so that you can join my list and we can carry on the conversation.
Would absolutely love to stay in touch with you