I have always been fascinated by the idea of makeup.
I remember my very first make up haul, I had been dating the man who is now my husband (long distance) and we were finally going to meet for the first time.
I searched every single makeup tutorial online, from Beautybyjj to Jackie Aina. I was obsessed with the idea of looking perfect for him. I even went as far as emailing makeup gurus for ideas.. of course no one responded. Haha.
Anyway, fast forward to the Covid-19 lock down, I decided to take do a proper makeup haul and take full advantage of all the courses I saw popping up online. This one by Iamdodos caught my eye and considering I have been a fan of her makeup style for such a long time, it was easy to take the plunge.
The class was pretty detailed and lasted a good 5 hours. I learnt everything from brow techniques to ombre lip techniques.
Here’s a side by side comparison of my makeup technique before the class and after the class. I know I had quite a bit of makeup experience but my goal was to elevate that if I wanted to do my own makeup for big event.
These are the top 5 techniques.
- Use a roll-up pencil for your brows. It gives you softer strokes
- Your concealer should only be in the inner circle of your face. Never drag outline that circle
- In blending concealer, there is no need to keep taping over it. Instead, blend around the edges to erase harsh lines
- Your contour line should never pass the tail of your eyebrow. I had never heard this before
- Makeup is about practice, practice, practice and more practice, else you’ll forget.
I am pretty satisfied with everything I learnt in this class. Learning to do your makeup professionally has countless benefits and this DIY queen is hoping you’ll consider it too.